Improved late than never ever, here’s a pic of our one calendar year anniversary party!

Perspective Reddit by MayorOfHamiltonPerspective Source

14 Comments
  1. Reply
    MayorOfHamilton July 17, 2017 at 2:01 pm

We set up a 3 hour lure party in a local park which contained 3 gyms. I reached out to local businesses for the lures and sponsorship prizes. One local business agreed to provide water bottles and to lure up the park for us (about 16 stops total) for the duration of the event, but the community was so vibrant, they kept the place lured up for the most part.

Other local businesses were able to provide us with amazing prizes. We set it up so that people who came to our table were given one single raffle ticket for a chance to win 1 of 25 donated prizes…this is what we had to offer:

We also took advantage of the situation and collected some information on the people who registered (level, team, screen name) etc. and invited them to join our discord/facebook/instagram. Here are some stats:

– 223 people registered for the raffle.
    – Over half the players showed up were between levels 27-33
    – The average level of the player base was level 29
    – We had 4x level 40 players show up (2 Valor, 2 Instinct)
    – The lowest level that showed up was level 5
    – Breakdown of teams that showed up were 37.7% Valor, 36.3% Mystic, and 26% Instinct
    – We had a total of 17 Level 1-20 players
    – We had a total of 55 Level 1-25 players
    – We had a total of 39 Level 35-40 players
    – We had a total of 12 Level 38-40 players

Finally, there was a 4 star raid that took place at the gym right at the gazebo where we were set up. The picture above shows all the people starting to gather as the egg was about to hatch. Unfortunately it wasn’t a Tyranitar or Snorlax (turned out to be Rhydon) but everyone there got a crack at beating it/catching it. I can’t think of a better way for the event to end.

This event brought back the thrill from when the game first came out, where several people from all walks of life were gathered in one single place, tearing down all barriers, sharing something they loved. I look forward to continuing events like these for our local community.

EDIT: In-game pic of lure party – http://imgur.com/a/opAQs

2. Reply
    UrethraFrankIin July 17, 2017 at 2:01 pm

I wish my city could get a group together like this, the guy who used to run the raffles and events turned into an egotistical d-bag who lied about spoofers (and used them on gym raids) on his team (valor) while simultaneously trying to shame and shun spoofers on the other teams – especially after someone on instinct got tired of him and called in a few botters to turn ~150 red gyms in the greater area yellow.

A large group of us have started to raid together, and are discussing a future community event, all with the purpose of restoring a positive atmosphere. Now that gyms aren’t treated like gang territory all the pettiness is starting to subside. Moral of the story: chill out and have fun, if you’re getting angry over the game you care too much.

3. Reply
    Engrada July 17, 2017 at 2:01 pm

Is this Kitchener? Victoria Park?

4. Reply
    castlelow July 17, 2017 at 2:01 pm

Dang, I didn’t make it into this pic! Event was awesome though. A shame the raid ended up being Rhydon.

5. Reply
    Heather82Cs July 17, 2017 at 2:01 pm

How many lv 26-34? ūüôā

6. Reply
    canton1009 July 17, 2017 at 2:01 pm

So many people

7. Reply
    NibblesMcGiblet July 17, 2017 at 2:01 pm

Love this! What a great job you did organizing the event, wish it had taken place in my area!

8. Reply
    Serven7 July 17, 2017 at 2:01 pm

I knew this place reminded me of something: http://imgur.com/ufqmCFn

9. Reply
    Jackz0r92 July 17, 2017 at 2:01 pm

This looks pretty cool. I am currently level 27 but have lost all motivation and only really play for the daily bonus and to check local gyms.

Would love to see something like this near me in London to get me playing again!

10. Reply
    ghozztz July 17, 2017 at 2:01 pm

Only Mystic and Valor were invited?

11. Reply
    Imissthe90z July 17, 2017 at 2:01 pm

It must be so awesome being able to meet with so many players. I haven’t knowingly come across another player for a while now.

12. Reply
    ZKXX July 17, 2017 at 2:01 pm

Wow that park is beautiful

13. Reply
    GodKingThoth July 17, 2017 at 2:01 pm

Damn thats awesome. I miss the my downtown areas pogo community last summer. I met a few people that i kept seeing each day for about a week after launch. Met some good friends that I wish I could just go down there and see them in the wild again xD

14. Reply
    Cuntisabeautifulword July 17, 2017 at 2:01 pm

Pokemongo really made stampcollecting cool because that’s what the “game” is, stampcollecting.